- Withdrawal Policy:
I understand that if for any reason I am unable to participate in the event and wish to withdraw, Teenage Cancer Trust could return any online fundraising donations to the original donor if requested.
In this case I will inform Teenage Cancer Trust and my donors that I have withdrawn from the event and I will contact Teenage Cancer Trust regarding their refund policy.
If I have purchased a Charity place, I may not be able to defer my place to the following year. I understand that I will need to re-apply for a Charity place (this will not be guaranteed) and that I will be required to pay the registration fee and commit to the sponsorship pledge that is set for that year.
If I have my Own place, I may be able to defer my place to the following year (this is dependent on the Event Organisers) but I may be required to pay the registration fee to the Organisers for that year.
- Terms and Conditions:
When fundraising in support of Teenage Cancer Trust I will:
- raise at least the minimum sponsorship amount (Charity place runners only).
- use my best endeavours to raise funds for Teenage Cancer Trust.
- only use lawful means to fundraise for Teenage Cancer Trust and will not do anything that is likely to harm a participant’s or charity’s reputation, particularly in relation to my own social media communications or if contacted by the media.
- ensure that all money raised through fundraising activities in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust is paid to the charity within 30 days using the Money Return Form found with my Challenges ‘Welcome to the Team’ booklet.
- be responsible for managing risk, organising insurance and obtaining the relevant permissions for all aspects of my fundraising activities.
- accept that Teenage Cancer Trust does not hold any responsibility for my fundraising activities and will not be held liable in any way.
- use the Teenage Cancer Trust ‘in aid of’ logo on all publicity materials – please contact us for a copy and it is important that you add the following text to the bottom of any promotional materials produced: Teenage Cancer Trust is a registered charity: 1062559 (England & Wales), SCO39757 (Scotland).
- let Teenage Cancer Trust know before approaching any local or national companies so they can provide me with a letter of authority to show I am fundraising ‘in aid of’ Teenage Cancer Trust.
- contact Teenage Cancer Trust if I am thinking about approaching celebrities or performing artists to support my event.
- not smoke or consume alcohol to excess when wearing a Teenage Cancer Trust badge, branded clothing or anything that could identify me with the charity.
- look after any fundraising materials provided and return when no longer required as I understand that they cost Teenage Cancer Trust money to produce and can be reused.
- acknowledge that I am undertaking this activity entirely at my own risk, and have not been induced by Teenage Cancer Trust to participate in this event, which I do entirely of my own free will.
I understand that I should seek medical advice from my general practitioner if I am in any doubt about my physical or mental ability to take part in this event.
Teenage Cancer Trust cannot be held responsible for any injury or illness incurred during my preparation and/or participation in the event.
- Publicity Consent
Should Teenage Cancer Trust be provided with photographs, videos or information about your story, the charity may wish to use them in our published materials, such as our leaflets or on our website. Teenage Cancer Trust may also pass on your story, video or photograph to the media, such as your local newspaper, TV or radio station – where possible we will gain additional consent before sharing your story.
I understand that whilst Teenage Cancer Trust makes every effort to ensure that all media coverage portrays interviewees in a positive way, the charity does not have final control about how a journalist may portray me.
- Data protection
I understand my right to ask to see any information held about me by Teenage Cancer Trust.
We will use the information you've given us to keep you updated about the event you've entered and some other events you might be interested in. If you indicated that you would also like us to keep you updated about our work and other ways you can support us, we'll get in touch using the ways you selected. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your details will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. They will be held securely and confidentially and will only be accessed by authorised individuals.
- Virgin Money Giving
I understand that Virgin Money Giving is the official online fundraising partner for the Virgin Money London Marathon and that a fundraising page will be set up on my behalf when I submit this registration. I confirm I have read and agree to the terms and conditions set out by Virgin Money Giving here - http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/terms/fundraisers-donors-terms.jsp